Friday, June 18, 2010

Diaper Update

Here is little Paul in newborn size diapers from Green Mountain (but notice the green edge - they don't make them exactly like this anymore - now I think they have an orange edge). In any case, they work well and are indispensible for when the cord is on, but. . . we have already moved on to a bigger size :(

Here is a new cover we have tried and has really worked well. We used to have tons of covers in different sizes but I lent all my smaller covers to a friend before I realized we were pregnant. Now, this friend has a smaller baby (well, smaller than ours come, anyhow) and she is still using the smaller covers at almost 8 months. So we decided to buy a few more covers but since babies grow so fast in the beginning we tried a convertible type. This is a Kissaluvs one size and it actually is not that bulky and seems very durable. So far we are liking it quite a bit. Here it is over a newborn prefold.

Here is the same cover over a regular toddler size prefold. Notice it is only a little more bulky with one more row of buttons showing. I am excited because we already have plenty of these toddler size prefolds! So the heck with the middle stuff.
We also have a thirsties duo cover that is working well - both with the smaller diapers and now with the larger as well. So, I am still in awe of all you ladies who manage to make your own diapers. I still dream of trying that some day but I just do not have time to try at this point in my life. In any case, with our current stash of prefolds and covers I think we will be "good to go" for quite some time.

1 comment:

  1. Oooooh, I enjoyed this post. We use Thirsties covers and really like them. I have some regulars and some duos as well. I've also used the Bummis Superbrite and been pretty happy with them as well, although I think I prefer the Thirsties. And love those GM PF's. Kolbe is in the red edges now, but I can still use the yellow (smaller) or bump him up to the brown in a pinch. It's handy, and they have proven already to be fabulous dipes. I honestly believe nothing beats a good old simple prefold when it comes to diapering. They dry quickly, they are 100% cotton, they are just simple. And I like that. And now I am nerding out about cloth diapers so I will stop. ;-D

    ReplyDelete