Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Happy Birth Month Paul and Miriam!!




Paul and Miriam share a birth day, exactly two years apart.  And let me tell you that for some reason this makes me very happy.  It was not exactly planned, although I could have prevented it by maybe a day if I really tried.  Paul was induced right on his due date, I believe.  Miriam was induced a few days after hers and although I got to choose the day, it really came down to this day or the next.  At the time I was unsure, but ready for Miriam to be OUT!  Now I enjoy having them share a birthday.  As of now they do not seem to mind, but I wonder if that sentiment will be altered as they grow. . . oh well, it cannot be changed now!  So, on to the fun facts!


Paul





*LOVES TO TALK - His latest habit is to ask anyone whom he comes into contact with their name.  (Even if he "should" know their name - for example my cousin was over and he has seen her MANY times, but he still asked her name.  But he often asks "strangers" - like the mailman or the neighbor he does not know so well, their names, too.)  He will then proceed to call that person by name and tell them anything and everything that comes to mind.

*Paul's favorite color is red. . . no blue. . . no orange.  (Ok, so apparently he does not really have a favorite color, I honestly got this answer when I asked the other day.)



*His favorite food is pizza . . . well, assuming you are not counting things like ice cream, cookies, and cake.

*Paul still enjoys talking about himself in third person.  (Which is common and totally normal for his age, in case you were curious.)


I made this up to brag about him on facebook and figured I would share it here, too.


Miriam



*LOVES kitties. . . and also enjoys dogs, bunnies, and other soft friendly mammals.




*Enjoys her books.  She loves to point at pictures in them or even listen to short stories.  She is a big literature fan.




*Gives the best kisses of any of our children thus far.  I think maybe this is because I have probably kissed her more than any of our kids so far.  (That is what happens when you finally have another girl after three boys :)

*Gives better hugs - and hugs more people than any of the other kids thus far.  She is just a very affectionate child.

*Her favorite meal is a toss up between meatballs and lasagna.

*Random cute story:  A few days ago, Miriam noticed she had some bruises on her legs and she pointed at them to show me and I told her "owie" for each one and then I pointed at her knee and said "and here is your knee."  The same thing for her arms, she had some little bruises and I told her "owie, owie," and then we got to her "elbow."  So the other day, she fell down and hurt her face.  She comes running to me pointing at her chin, saying in a most distraught voice, "knee, KNEE!!"  When she meant to say "owie."  Another time she said "elbow" instead.  Fail parenting here I guess.



Happy Birthday to two of my greatest blessings.  With your endless energy and creative spirits, you two make my life so full of excitement and adventure.  May God blow on the flames of your enthusiasm to set your hearts on fire for Him, more each day.

I love you, Paul and Miriam!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment