Friday, August 29, 2014

7 Random Takes for the end of August

1) Miriam likes to take a running start to get her clothes on or lay down to get her diaper changed.  Seriously, she goes back a good eight or ten paces and runs at me, then stops (not such a big deal as she does not run all that fast yet) and lets me put her shirt over her head or lay her down to change her diaper.  For some reason, I find this entertaining rather than annoying.

2) I am having some guilt over not blogging on some key events (namely Rebekah's birthday - that was at the beginning of July!! - and Jacob's birthday, that was this month, but a while ago).  I am still trying to decide if I should do a post for them (of some sort) or not.  I guess if I hesitate long enough it will be time for their next birthdays, right?  :)

3) We are starting school next week.  I finally got the study all cleaned up and the desks are ready.  I would post a picture, but I am pinned down by the baby at the moment so you will have to take my word for it.  Although I have enjoyed this "lazy time" the past few weeks, as the rest of the world has started schooling ahead of us, I think we are ready to buckle down and get to some "serious" learning here. . . or at least get back in a more structured routine.

4) Adapting to life with six children has been considerably easier than expected.  I am not sure if it is because the last few weeks of pregnancy went so well for some reason, or because her birth was so great, or because I just seem to be getting better at having babies!  (Which is odd because I assumed it would get worse the more kids I had - as it would wear my body out more, and then of course, it would be more difficult as I got older - but I seem to still be going stronger than ever.  I guess I'm not old yet.)

5) Even though it has been "easier than expected" to adapt to having six children, I am still having a bit of a transition.  I have finally gotten the freezer stocked again with some ready-made or quick meals.  We do not rely on these all the time, but they are exceedingly handy in a pinch.  I cannot seem to get the house organized at the moment.  I finally mastered the study, but now the laundry/storage room is exploding.  Plus, the baby has already outgrown quite a few outfits and the clothes bins need to be sorted again.  The fun just never ends!!

6) Two of my children have cavities now.  (Well, Samuel had one last year and had it filled.  Today I discovered Jacob has a cavity that needs to be filled.)  I suppose we need to work on our brushing (I had been having Rebekah and Samuel help the younger ones).  I have started letting the kids use an electric toothbrush (different heads for each) so I am hoping this will help some.  Since it has been going well, I ordered a second one (so we can double up and not take so long to get all that brushing done).  I am trying not to let this make me feel like a bad parent.


7) Zipporah is an amazing baby, much like her sister Rebekah.  At about a month and a half old she started sleeping 8-10 hours a night.  She has continued to do so (settling more like 10 or 11 now).  I was hesitant to say anything for a while, as I know there can be some random occurrences, but she has stayed pretty consistent so far.


And if you have read this far, you deserve some pictures, so here are some that I find absolutely hilarious.  My husband is. . . such a kid.




And here are a couple random shots of my husband crashing my Catholic Motherhood group so he can hold one of the babies.  He is blessed among women - hehe :)


No comments:

Post a Comment