Sunday, May 15, 2016

7 Quick Takes - Things to Remember

1) Rebekah has been saying the word "tarnation" when she is frustrated or forgets something, etc.  I find it odd but entertaining and I have no idea where she picked it up from.

Rebekah LOVES to hold Peter.  She often snuggles him in her lap and enjoys reading or coloring.


2) Peter is a unique baby - compared to his siblings.  He prefers to sleep nestled in someone's arms and will rarely sleep more than a half hour left on his own.  When he is awake though, he will look all around and likes to wiggle.  He is not a sit-and-cuddle type of baby, unless he happens to be asleep, of course.

Here is Peter all snuggled up on Mom.  He does not mind being "worn" this way and it allows Mom to get a few things done!


3) Zipporah is quite possibly the happiest almost-two-year-old I have ever met.  She spends most of her day dancing, giggling, and smiling so hard it must make her cheeks hurt.  She definitely finds all day every day in this family to be one big party.

Zipporah, enjoying pizza.  Yes, that is red marker all over her arms.


4) Miriam is in love with Peter.  When I ask Rebekah to hold him, she always wants to hold him, too.  Likewise, she is almost constantly asking if she can "pet Peter."

Miriam, holding Peter.


5) We came into an excess of cameras.  I had one I was not overly fond of but still works, bought another, and then my parents gave me theirs because they just use their cell phones now.  (Yes, I am the only person left on the planet that does not own a cell phone that takes pictures.)  Anyhow, Rebekah asked if she could "have" one of the cameras.  I told her yes, but did not realize just what that would mean.  Now she takes pictures of EVERYTHING.  She always has that camera.  I find it entertaining, but the hubby gets a little annoyed sometimes.  Oh well.  It is not hurting anything and thankfully digital pictures can just be erased at the click of a button.  No harm, no foul.

I'm not sure if you can see it, but the cord around her neck is the strap for her camera.


6) Now that the novelty of a newborn is wearing off, I'm waiting for my super-powers to show up.  Thankfully, God has blessed me with some amazing and helpful kids so they are definitely helping out as Peter keeps me from getting much sleep these days.  But I'm hopeful that soon I'm just going to turn into "pure awesome" and be able to do everything like I have in the past.

Here is Rebekah, putting Peter to sleep for me (accidentally, but I will take it :)


7) Peter is one-month-old today.  And although his brothers, Samuel, Jacob, and Paul are quite amiable toward him, I am pretty-sure they are going to find him loads more entertaining once he can do more than wiggle and cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment