Tuesday, June 21, 2016

7 Quick Takes - Peter Joseph update

1) Peter has started batting at toys.

We have a hangy-down toy on the mobile carseat (that we use in the truck and other people's cars).  He deliberately gave it several wacks on our way to the doctor the other day.



2) He is showing signs of better sleeping habits.

Peter has started letting me know he wishes to begin the evening sleeping at about 7pm.  He gave me a good two and  a half hours this evening - IN HIS BED!!!  This is actually quite huge as I have been pretty-much holding him for most of his life thus far, and I'm only slightly exaggerating on that.

3) He often smiles now - if you catch him at the right moment.




Peter does not wish to smile when he is grumpy about being put down, or buckled in his carseat when he would rather be eating or sleeping in my arms.  But if he is fairly content I can often entice a grin or two out of him - or he will smile at the other children, they LOVE that!

Peter and his big big brother, Samuel.





4) Peter's favorite position is in the bumbo, watching his siblings.





I should clarify, that his favorite position AWAY FROM ME is as above noted.  I still trump all (and will not let you forget it because all too soon he will be running away from me and laughing about it).  But I wish to note that if given the choice of vibrator chair or bumbo, the bumbo wins.  Maybe because he can see better out of it, or maybe because he likes sitting UP more.



5) Zipporah still does not know Peter's name.

Zipporah LOVES her "baby."  She will pat him and get his blanket and talk to him.  "Hello Baby!!" she will happily cry.  One day she will probably figure out he is Peter, but for now "Baby" will have to do.

6) For his two-month check-up (maybe a week or so late), here are his stats:

Weight: 13 lbs, 3.5 oz
Length: 23.5 inches





7) Peter humors me and lets me wear him around in my woven wrap.


I apologize for the blurry picture - it is difficult to get a good shot when I have to turn the flash off for the mirror.

It has taken me seven children but I have finally leveled up my babywearing to the epic tier.  This is more than pocket ring slings and the stretchy moby.  The world is my oyster now because there are SO MANY different ways to carry Peter!!  I generally carry him in front because it makes nursing super-easy, but I have put him on my back a handful of times and I would not say he loves it, but he definitely allows it.  I am grateful to my daughter Rebekah who helps spot when I put him on and double-check he is secure and breathing and all.


I should note: This is not a "great" wrapping job by any means.  This is actually my first time putting him up there in this particular tie (or "carry"), called a double-hammock.  He should have his legs up a bit more and deeper pocket to sit in, among other things, but he was very secure up there for the time I wore him.  I still have a lot to learn.


Peter was all snuggly here and completely asleep.  And is this wrap not BEAUTIFUL!?!?!!!  I do not actually own this wrap, it is what they (in the babywearing circles) refer to as a "traveler."  That means the owner sends it to his/her (do any men actually own woven wraps??) friends to wear for a while.  I have been blessed to entertain it for the week.




7.5) I can wear Zipporah in my woven wrap, as well, and the other day I carried both her and Peter at once!!!

Here is the blurry picture to prove it. 







No comments:

Post a Comment