Saturday, August 18, 2018

7 Quick Takes -- Continued Life in Our New Home

1) Peter loves to be outside.

His first words often in the morning are, "I go outside?" And after I tell him yes, he happily clamors out the door.


2) I mowed a path.


Apparently we can mow some of our land, even though it is in CRP. So I have. We now have a bit of a walking trail. The kids ride it on bikes (some -- it's tough!) or I walk it. It's not amazing, as there is no shade, but it makes me happy. I hope to make it longer, all the way to the creek, but it is slow going with our elderly mower.




3) We started putting up a fence.

A friend gifted us with some left-over fence so we decided to put it to good use. Unfortunately it was not quite enough to cover the area we planned. We picked up a bit more to finish, but ran out of time. Still, it's looking good, I think.





4) The storage container/storm shelter is almost ready.

The storage container is now solidly anchored and Gordie has begun welding the door frame for the metal door (seen below, resting against the shipping container). Hopefully he can find some time to finish it up soon.



5) Our pallet porches were giving us splinters.

After some wear and tear, our pallet porches were turning a bit rough. And since we are a barefoot family most of the time, that was causing a problem. But I found some left-over primer and now we have bright, cheery white boards that no longer leave remnants in our poor tootsies.



6) We had a good time at the museum on Tuesday.

I'm not sure if it will amount to anything, but some people filmed my children enjoying various parts of the museum last Tuesday. It was loads of fun for the kids. Then Thea showed us her "friends." I had never seen a vinegaroon before and she even let us hold it!













The vinegaroon, held by Zipporah.


Rebekah is helping Peter hold a baby mouse.

7) In case you missed the announcement on Facebook, we are expecting another in late January 2019. Hooray! 😀



1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new little one!!! How exciting! It’s been a long time since I’ve checked out your blog! Your new place with all the land looks lovely!!

    ReplyDelete