Friday, January 4, 2019

7 Quick Takes in December 2018

(Disclaimer, these might not be so quick. 😊)


1) Extended family on Gordie's side.


With Grandpa and Grandma, all their kids (3 boys plus 3 spouses), and all the grandkids.

We had a nice get-together early in December with Gordie's side of the family. Did I mention I feel like I did well with my in-laws? They are good stock. We had a good time. And the weather was beautiful for pictures.


Just our clan.


Just our kiddos.



All the cousins.

2) Vehicles

Our house is starting to look a little bit like a used car lot. 😊 We recently (thanks to our amazing neighbors) added the 2005 Chevy truck to our collection. It is four-wheel-drive so we can tow out the van when it gets stuck. And it is probably the nicest car I've owned in the past ten years. Too bad it only seats six. But that's still a lot and I am so grateful to have it.

Gordie is a little bummed, though, as he had his eye on Dodge Ram Cummins Diesel but this was definitely the wiser choice for us at this time. Perhaps we will need a more "farmy" truck as our future out here on the prairie progresses.




3) Holiday Houses


I mentioned our shepherd in a previous post. One of his activities as he searches for Jesus is to make a home for Jesus in our hearts, as well as making a gingerbread house. We improvise and make our houses with graham crackers and frosting, but everyone loves them. And the sugar buzz is really the same I think.





These four decided to combine their resources to make one big "complex." I believe the boys were more focused on the structure and they let Miriam do the decorating.








Peter made his own.

Zipporah also made her own.


And since Rebekah was busy helping everyone else in the beginning, she found enough supplies to make two by herself at the end.

4) Museum

We actually finished up our semester about a week before the regular school kids (because that's how our virtual school does it) so we loaded up to celebrate the effort by hitting the museum. The kids always love it there.








Doesn't Rebekah look like an angsty teenager here?!?!  😁



I was told Peter did this "by himself."


And of course I took a moment to take advantage of the large mirror and capture a photo of Baby #8. I always get so big when pregnant!! But it's so worth it. 😊


5) Tiny House

Because I know you just can't wrap your brain around our living quarters. Here are a few pictures. It has gotten a little more cramped thanks to the addition of the rocket mass heater, but are adapting and enjoying the heat for sure!












It burns twigs. Crazy right? But it is awesome.
And we can cook on it. Bonus!


Lit.

The crack was a bit of a shock to discover, (definitely not supposed to do that!!) but Gordie has since fixed it (because he's awesome) and it is working again to supplement/sometimes replace our propane heater. It also helps with some condensation issues we've been having this being a metal building and sealed up entirely too well. 😊



6) Random kid stuff.


Samuel loving on the cats. Normal cats sit in your house and look out the window all day. Our cats sit outside and look in our house all day. Sometimes we go out and say hello. (Please pardon the messy glass. Cleaning is beyond me these days.)





Check out this picture Zipporah drew. Not bad for a 4-year-old. She is artistic like her older sister Rebekah I think. And she probably has better handwriting than all of her older brothers already.





Peter smiling, just because.

Miriam met Santa at the mall while selling stuff for Cub Scouts.

Samuel moved up to Tenderfoot rank in Boy Scouts. That means I get a pin on my ribbon as his mom. (Such a cool tradition.) 


Miriam and Zipporah being silly. They are always begging me to come take pictures of them these days.




7) And my friends blessed me with a Sprinkle!

I have the best of friends that threw a celebration for Baby #8. It was so touching to be remembered even though we already have a good amount of kids!




Pardon the messy mirror. This is my favorite pregnancy outfit these days. Many thanks to my mom for the beautiful cardigan.

2 comments:

  1. Hello sister Mary Elizabeth. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you and about your godly family with radiant faces reflecting the love of God. I am truly blessed by my visit to your blog post. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 39 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have people who are in their late teens and above from your extended family to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. God willing I will be coming to the United States in the month of March 2019 and will be visiting some places. If young people from your extended family are interested in going on a short term missions trip I will will be so glad to share more about the ministry opportunities for the young people.Looking forward to hear fro m you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your extended family and friends also wishing you all a blessed and a Christ centered new year 2019. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! the messy mirror makes it look like snow!
    <3 Congrats on baby!! O_O

    ReplyDelete