Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Newsflash! The homemade clock works!

So my amazing creation actually works!! This morning Rebekah came out of her room (with her brothers trailing behind) at exactly 7:20. She said she was watching the clock and when the sevens matched she knew it was time to get up! You are probably thinking 7:20???!?? This was Gordie's brilliant suggestion, set the clock 20 minutes slow so that it would match at exactly 7:20 - because that is really when I wanted them to get up but was not sure how to do that with the minutes. I'm sure they could match 7:20 exactly but if they did not happen to be looking at the clock for that minute I am not sure they would know that 7:15 comes before it and 7:30 comes later. In any case, we are very excited here! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I didn't know you had a Blog! I am glad your idea worked for the kids! Way to think creatively!

    ReplyDelete