Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Trip to Chicago

I'm on this committe for Rebekah's pre-school. They sent me to a conference in Chicago - at the Hilton!! The food was amazing and actually the conference was not that bad. It was all about literacy training. In any case, we had a little fun one night in Chicago - here are some pics.



The Willis Tower is the new name for the Sears tower. We actually watched an educational video all about how it was built and why and so on to the name change. As far as museum-type-videos go, this one was not too bad.


It is 105 floors tall. The elevator travels at about 18mph. I got a little motion sick myself - but nothing too major. It probably would not have bothered me if I were not pregnant.

Random Chicago buildings from the top.

More Chicago.

Yep, still more. Notice how small the cars look.

They had these cool glass room things (3 total) added to the tower (I think just to impress tourists). But they were kinda cool to stand in and take pictures.

Looking down in one of the glass room additions. Yes, those are my feet.

Me, getting proof of how brave I was. (Some of the people would not step out into the glass rooms - I must admit, the first step was a little frightening.)



I belive this is called "the bean" and other than that I'm not really sure of its story. But it sure looks cool.



I'm not exactly sure what it is made of but I do know it is not glass - as you would think.

This is a view from underneath - looking straight up. Kinda neat I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment