Thursday, July 29, 2010

Baby Paul

Yep, he is still here, all cute and such. As of 2 months he weighs over 16lbs! He is growing nicely. He is really quite a good baby. He goes to sleep somewhere between 8 and 9pm every night and sleeps between 6 and 8 hours. I bring him to bed with me usually about 3am and he stays with us until I wake him a little after 5am, change his diaper, and then nurse him again and put him in his crib so I can exercise at 5:45 (ok, that is the goal, it is usally more like 6am by the time I get him settled again). He generally stays in his crib then until the other kids get up around 7:30am.

He has started taking his binky pretty well. I would rather not give him one, but I live in reality and since I cannot be everywhere at once, I figure the least I can do is offer him something to keep him somewhat happy until I can get to him. Rebekah is very helpful on giving it to him and helping him keep it in until he gets a good suck going on. This is useful mostly in the car and when I'm trying to get meals ready.

I should start putting him in his crib for his afternoon nap. . . and some days I do, but he is still my baby and he will only be a baby for a while, so holding him while he naps is one of those ways I indulge myself. There really is nothing like holding a sleeping baby.




1 comment:

  1. Yup, cribs can wait. I didn't start putting Kolbe in his for naps until about 4months, and he does just fine. Still sleeps with us a good portion of the night, schedule sounds quite similar to Paul's, although he's stopped doing the 5-6 hour sleep at first and seems ready to nurse again around 10-11. Oh well, soon enough he'll be two and I'll wonder where my snuggly baby went.

    And holy cow, 16lbs, that's what Kolbe weighs at 6mos. Sounds like he's thriving! Yay for healthy babies.

    ReplyDelete