Friday, December 16, 2011

Samuel has turned 5-years-old

Samuel turned 5-years-old at the beginning of December, but due to a lot of factors (broken computer, sickness, busy schedule, etc) I have been unable to reach my blog and pictures for a while, but fear not, it is still December, and a good time to stop for a moment and reflect on the little gentleman I am growing.


SAMUEL:

*Favorite toy right now: any Ironman paraphernalia he can find (I blame this fascination on Daddy who INSISTED we watch Ironman as a family.  I personally thought it was scary, but obviously Samuel thought it was "cool.")

*Is an AMAZINGLY helpful little guy - when he wants to be.  He cleans off the table, picks up/sorts toys, brings me things (like a wet wipe or the phone) and is just generally a very handy child to have on hand.

*Loves to play creatively (aka pretend) with his brother, Jacob and his older sister, Rebekah.

*Likes to make Paul laugh and can keep him "occupied" for at least a few minutes.

*Enjoys books and would have me read to him all day if possible.

*LOVES to cook.  Sometimes if I don't let him help often enough he hauls his chair in the kitchen and demands to help.  And baking anything from cookies to muffins, completely makes his day.

*Is intensely inquisitive.  He is constantly jabbering - talking things out, asking questions, pondering.  Quite the thinker.

*Runs very quickly!!  He really is quite athletic.

*Is exceedingly honest.  He has no concept of "secret" and is blatantly truthful about everything - so innocent.

Thank you, dear God, for my sweet son, Samuel.  May he continue to grow in gentleness and faith as he blesses our family.


Jacob and Samuel playing


1 comment: