Wednesday, April 17, 2013

New Work-out Zone

I must start by saying this was NOT my idea.  We had toyed with the thought of moving the work-out area to the second floor of the garage (which is to be the kids' zone/skating rink/giant theater/awesome-open-area-to-do-amazing-stuff-indoors).  I was not too excited over this idea as many of my work-outs are high impact.  I used to only work-out in the basement simply because I did not like the way the house shook with my jumping on the main floor.  Imagine how I would feel jumping in a second story on the garage - even higher up!!  In any case, as the hubby tried to join me for some work-outs in our basement laundry/utility room, he realized it was just too crowded there.  This, coupled with him getting a GREAT deal on some giant mirrors (from a school auction - about $600 worth of mirrors for $15).  I think it was the mirrors that really cemented the deal because he realized we could not put those upstairs where the kids would play as they would throw stuff at them or run into them, etc.  And then one day he said, "Hey, let's move the work-out room to the garage."  And we did.  It is not quite done (we need to mount the mirrors and the computer screen and build some shelves for my equipment) but it is usable and I am LOVING IT!!  I'm not sure if it is the mirrors so I can see myself (and push harder - "I bet I can jump higher than that - I bet I can push my legs out further or my arms higher") or just having more space to really get into the movements, but whatever it is, my garage work-outs have DEFINITELY upped intensity from those in the basement.

So, without further ado, the before and after pictures, for your viewing pleasure.


BEFORE (laundry/utility/storage room)
BEFORE (other side of laundry/untility/storage room)
AFTER (in garage - main floor)
Yes, I LOVE my husband!!  Thank you so much for offering up a chunk of your garage for our physical health!!

No comments:

Post a Comment