Saturday, November 29, 2014

Jacob turned six back in August. . .

I believe I mentioned that I missed a few of my children's (Rebekah in July and Jacob in August) "birthday" posts because I was recovering from having a baby in June.  Well, I finally got Rebekah's post in back in October and now we are nearing the end of the year and the next child's birthday (Samuel) so I better get on this! 

Later in life, Jacob, when you read this, do not think it is because I love you any less that it has taken me almost an entire three extra months to post about you for your birthday!!

Without further ado, I will go into a list of random facts about Jacob (as lists are so my thing).




1) Jacob lost his first tooth today!!

2) Jacob likes to play by himself.  He will join the group sometimes, but he is often completely content if left to his own devices.

3) His toy of choice is blocks.  He likes wooden blocks and cardboard blocks.  He likes magnet blocks.  He likes mega-blocks and duplos, and OF COURSE he likes regular legos.

4) As clearly shown though his love of blocks, Jacob tends to think like an engineer.

5) Jacob likes Ninja Turtles and Spiderman.

6) He is. . . a bit stubborn at times.  (read: understatement here)

7) Jacob loves turtles.  

8) Even though he has a tough-little-boy exterior, Jacob is deeply sensitive and dislikes stories with lots of violence (like fairy tales where someone gets eaten - don't ask how I know this, it is a long story).

9) Jacob tends to be the quiet one when we are out and about, but he talks my ear off at home when no one else is around.

10) Jacob has very grippy toes and likes to use them when he climbs ropes or chains on the swing set.

My dearest Jacob, I do apologize for taking so long to post about you and all your amazing little quirks, but do know that I thank God for the wonderful little boy you are and pray that you will grown into a strong and virtuous man who seeks the Lord with all his heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment