Wednesday, June 17, 2015

7 Quick Takes

1) I got my hair cut today.

It was long.  Now it is shorter.  Nothing too drastic - hubby vetoed the bob, which is probably wise.  I do not think short short hair is my thing.



2) Zipporah had her reguar weekly physical therapy session and I'm starting to lose heart.

I KNOW she will eventually crawl (probably) and walk, but she just seems so uninterested right now!!  She is completely content for me to carry her around in the sling or to set her on the ground and she will play with her close toys or just watch everyone else.  She is definitely Zipporah the Observer!  

(P.S. No, I do not think I "caused" this by carrying her in the sling too much - I carried all the other kids just as much, really - this is her own thing.)

3) It has come to my attention that I need to focus more on relaxing.

My life is really not that stressful.  In fact, it is VERY laid-back, especially this summer.  We are doing things, but not too much.  But I'm having trouble just taking a moment to relax for some reason - it is as if I've been wound up so tight for so long I cannot remember HOW to relax!  In any case, I'm on it now and I feel fairly confident that with the some thought, creativity, and practice, I can learn to "chill" again.

4) Yes, I am still doing this Whole 30 meal plan - mostly.

And this MIGHT be why I am a little stressed.  It is not that the plan is necessarily stressful, but it does make my meal choices a bit more of a challenge.  Plus, every time my instinct says, "eat some chocolate and you will feel better" my brain says "NO!!  You do not NEED chocolate."  But I've been using food to deal with stress for so long I am wondering if that is not part of my stress problem (as mentioned in #3).

And to clarify the "mostly" is because I occasionally lick my fingers when they are covered in non-compliant food (or even take a bite of a dessert or some such!!) and weigh myself - which are all technically reasons to "start over" on day 1 of "the plan" but I consider this more of a lifestyle change.  I am trying to eat mostly healthy food and not stressing over a few slip-ups.  I did my first 30 days as recommended, now I'm trying to see how long I can generally keep it up.

5) I attended my first Aikido class on Monday.

It was a lot of fun - more than I expected from a basic class.  I hope to attend many more and do more Aikido at home with my kiddos - in our garage-of-awesome :)

6) The four oldest kids started swim lessons on Monday.

They have been a hit.  We have been doing lessons at 10am, then walk across the street to play on the old Washington school plaground some and then at 11:30am head into the school (which is now taken over by Headstart - errr, Early Childhood Connections is what they call it now I think) and enjoy a free lunch!!  (for the kids - I could buy mine for about $3, but it is basically your typical cafeteria meal, so I am not overly excited)  They do also have a choice bar where the kids can take whatever they want and it has quite a few fresh fruits and vegetables on it.  For a free meal it is pretty awesome - plus I don't have to do the dishes!!

7) I just downloaded a program on my computer so I could take snapshots and videos with my built-in webcam.

Seriously, I JUST DID it moments ago in order to post a picture of myself for #1 of this post.  How is that for pathetic?  But we do not have cell phones and I did not feel like digging out the camera and the cord and trying to take a pathetic selfie in the mirror and the wait for it load on the computer and copy over the files.  So I finally got a little further up on the technology pole and now can take pictures with my computer.  I am so cool, right?

*And since we are talking technology, I'm going to do a bonus point here.

The left click button on this laptop is broken and I have learned to work around it with double-tap on the touch pad to click things and such.  In any case I am very proud of myself for discovering (maybe remembering) that holding the shift key and then mousing over text and clicking will highlight it for copy/past etc.  Seriously, I am such a smart one!


No comments:

Post a Comment