Monday, January 11, 2010

A Mother's Rule of Life

Yes, this title is the title of an amazing book. I would tell you who it is by but I cannot remember how to spell her last name - it is Holly P. You should be able to find it if you look. This book talks about how to organize your time as a homemaker. I have read it a few times and make up schedules and routines for myself and my family on a regular basis. As my husband's schedule just changed again I just made up a new schedule for us and I am very excited about it! The first page is the master schedule that I follow and the second is a schedule I made up (to match the master) just for the kids. Samuel and Jacob are not quite ready for it but Rebekah is starting to understand. Feel free to have a look. (side note: it did not translate perfectly when shared on google documents but you can probably figure it out)

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AurxUD4jPUp5dHdUY3JJUUliSXlmdENCc09GdjQ4V1E&hl=en

And for my latest nerdiness I made up a routine sheet to put on the wall so the kids would know how things flow in the morning and at night. I have had this routine in my head for some time but I figure if I have it down on paper maybe it will be easier for them to remember and follow along better. Rebekah seems excited about it - hopefully the others will follow along.

http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B-rxUD4jPUp5ZDIxNDRmMDMtODA4OC00NDVlLTgwNmItNTgyZTA5MjliOThk&hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment