Thursday, January 20, 2011

Small Successes

1) Survived the stressful, unplanned, head-spinning trip to Wichita and back (thankfully the Father-in-law is ok now).

2) Paul is sleeping longer at night. He has been consistently waking up only once (unless you count the 5am waking up - but I consider that my alarm as I just stay up and exercise after re-settling him).

[Of course, we just messed his schedule all up with the recent travel and different sleeping accommodations but I'm still hopeful we can get back on track.]

3) Managed to eat somewhat healthy while traveling (I brilliantly took a bag full of apples and oranges to much while my hubby munched on cookies, crackers, candy, etc from the gas station.) Although I did not lose any weight for a couple days, I have at least maintained my current status, rather than gaining.

If you want to join in the fun of celebrating the small successes in life, click here for more details.

2 comments:

  1. Great week, Mary!!! Glad is all with the FIL and that the traveling went all right. That is a HUGE success. Traveling stresses me out. And I only have 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on the traveling bit, Monica. And to make matters even worse, we came home right in the middle of the horrible winter storm. (Well, actually we were about half way home when it hit.) It was misting but so cold that the rain was turning to ice as it hit the windshield. Even with the defroster on high and the wipers going and periodically spraying wiper fluid up there we still had to stop to scrape the ice off the window in order to be able to see. Fortunately, there were a surprising number of GOOD drivers on the road - curteous and careful - PRAISE THE LORD!! So we made it home ok.

    ReplyDelete