Monday, August 27, 2012

Meal Update

 
 

I am happy to report that "meal planning" appears to be helping things in the kitchen somewhat.  I change the menu fairly regularly, but it is helpful to have a visual of meals I like/usually cook/have ingredients for, and it is not difficult to just erase here and write in there.  This week I was able to do a lot of prep work on the weekend to make the week go more smoothly. This may not always be the case, but it is nice this week.  I had dinner for today prepped last night - just turned on the crockpot this morning.  I also had meat browned for lasagna.  This afternoon I will prep the sauce and noodles and throw it together so I can bake it tomorrow or Wednesday (depending on my mood).  Then a couple left-over days and a "frozen food" (aka chicken nuggets, frozen pizza, etc) day - since we don't want left-overs or kitchen mess because we are going out of town for a few days (hopefully).

So, in-short.  Yay for growing up finally.  It appears to suite me.  And I should add, that using less brain power on WHAT to cook (just focusing on what the menu says - assuming I'm not strongly opposed to it for whatever reason) is freeing up time and energy for me to do some other creative exploits (aka more yogurt, fun desserts or snacks I always wanted to try).  This week I hope to make some brownies and try a cherry cheesecake recipe.  Hooray for food!  Now, lets hope Miriam lets me get some exercise to counter-balance these yummies!

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I think I'm going to steal your idea as well for my kitchen. Also, anything particular with the stickers? Those leftover days? Or just kids 'decorating'? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The magnets are my symbol for left-overs. (Although I still write the word sometimes, too.) Plus, they make it feel a lot more full and organized :)

    ReplyDelete