Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy Birthday to Samuel!!

Samuel's birthday is in December. . . and it is now January. . . this has NEVER happened before, honest!  But it did this time.  My "perfectionist" nature has been pestering me to just skip this year since I missed the month, but. . . oh Samuel, I love you too much!  So, although it is late, here is my yearly reflection of Samuel who is now seven-years-old!


* Samuel is incredibly athletic.  (He probably does not get that natural talent from his momma.)  He enjoys Aikido and you should see him fly across the mat.  

* He is amazingly smart.  He loves to read, writes quite well (especially for a boy), and catches on to things really fast.  (Yes, he gets all that from his momma.)

* Samuel's favorite toys right now are legos, his remote-control car, and his dinosaur-action-figure sets.

* He loves to play with his brother Jacob.  On "school days" when he knows Rebekah will be busy with school work basically all day, he is VERY EAGER to get his work done as soon as possible so he can spend the rest of the day playing with Jacob.

* Samuel ALSO likes to play with Rebekah, especially in the evenings, now that he has a later bedtime!

* This may sound silly, but Samuel is actually the best of all the children at cleaning up the toy room.  He is focused, gets the job done, and does it better than any of the other kid!

* Samuel does NOT like to be in-the-wrong.  When I go to correct him on something, he gets a sheepish look on his face and is SO UNCOMFORTABLE!!  Often he mumbles, "I know, I know," and is so miserable to have done something wrong -even if it is super-small!  Oh my poor perfectionist son, I did not mean to pass that trait on to you!

* He really gets a kick out of busy-work-type schoolwork.  He  loves to start his school day with a math worksheet (I have a book of "math minute" worksheets), a phonics sheet, and a handwriting sheet.

* Samuel LOVES his momma.  (I'm sure he will deny this later on in life, but he is MY BOY through and through right now.  Just as Rebekah is definitely "Daddy's girl" right now, Samuel is so all mine.  And oh I love him for it!  :)





My dearest Samuel, I pray that God continues to bless you and form you into a warrior after His own heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment