Wednesday, March 12, 2014

7 Quick Takes. . . beginning of Lent

1) My dryer has officially been broken for over two weeks, but the repair men are here RIGHT NOW working on it (for the second time - with a second part, as apparently the first part was broken, but they did not know this part was ALSO broken until they fixed the first).  So let's all pray this ends well as I really miss this convenience right now!

2) Our "Sacrifice Jar" is getting some use.  This makes me happy and hopeful that we can keep going.
Fun Related Story Tangent:  The other day I told the kids we would have a special snack (left-over goodies from my Catholic Motherhood meeting the night before) once they reached a certain point in their schoolwork.  Well, they were taking FOREVER so I finally gave in and let them have the snack, even though they had not finished their work.  They both enthusiastically proclaimed I should get to put in a sacrifice token for this - haha, oh children! :)




3) Everyone seems to be enjoying A Family Journey with Jesus Though Lent.  The memory bible verses that go with each day are fun, too.  Perhaps next year I will type them up so the kids can cut them out and past them like they do our regular Memory Bible Verses.  As of now I am just writing them on note cards and sticking them on the wall with poster puddy.  (We are real "high class" around here.)




4) I am REALLY starting to feel (and look) pregnant.  No hiding in baggy clothes now :)  I'm nearing the end of the second trimester and trying to stay calm as I know the ride just gets rougher from here.  All in all I am quite happy that I am still able to exercise fairly well - even though it requires a bit of additional "gear" (like support pantyhose and pregnancy belts).  I have still been running some on the weekends and this makes me EXCEEDINGLY happy, but I think I might give it up soon as it also leaves me with some lingering pain afterward.

5) I have recently concluded that Miriam is quite possibly the smartest baby I have ever encountered.  She impresses me almost constantly with what she picks up on and what she wants to do (EVERYTHING everyone else does).  This morning she was grumpy because her chair was too close to the table so she could not get down with her cereal bowl, to go put it in the kitchen.

6) I made fajitas for the first time and my husband liked them a lot. . . and even ate the vegetables!!  Unfortunately I tried a similar dish the next day with green chilies instead of peppers and he was not impressed.  One step forward, two steps back. . . 

7) I REALLY like our new (to us) van.  It just drives like a big pick-up truck.  And there is SO MUCH ROOM!!!  Parking it has been going ok, too, so far (granted I have been quite careful - often parking further away).  Unfortunately, the Hubby now thinks the van CANNOT fit in the garage (apparently the back sits higher than the front - so he has pulled it "mostly" in, but thinks the back will rub).  I think he should take the trim piece off and try again (as it is SO CLOSE - and that half inch could make all the difference!!) but he does not seem eager to try this.

Side Note: I had every intention of "peppering" this post with random pictures (as we all know those make life so much more fun) but now I cannot find my camera cord (sad face) so I stuck in what I could find on the computer (not as fun, but you get what you get some days).



No comments:

Post a Comment