Sunday, May 31, 2015

Happy Birthday Month Paul and Miriam!

I almost did not make it, but here it is 10pm on May 31st and I am going to get this post up before midnight so I do not miss Paul and Miriam's birthday month!!  (FYI I decided a while back NOT to blog on their exact birthday for security reasons - but I figured getting it done in the correct month would be a good as I do print this blog as my "scrapbook" each year.)  So without further ado I will dote on my two spunky children who happen to share a birthday, exactly two years apart.

Paul


*He LOVES to talk!!  And he will talk to ANYONE.  I keep telling people he is going to be a politician or a lawyer.

*Along the same lines as above, he is so smart and social adept it is scary.  If he knows he is going to get into trouble for something he will come up with an often-times believable excuse and I'm thinking his conscience is missing most days.

*His favorite food is pizza - after cake, of course (just like his momma).

*Paul already knows how to read (I taught him over the past five months or so) and is very quick to learn.  His favorite book to read aloud is "Dad's Hat" (one of our little phonics readers from Christian Heritage Curriculum).

*He is always eager to try new things and will jump in with both feet at the slightest suggestion.

*Paul is so charismatic that all who know him remember him - and most love him sincerely!

*His favorite toy right now is legos.



Miriam



*Miriam enjoys her morning routine.  The minute she wakes up she wants to put her clothes on and have her breakfast!

*She always picks a blue bowl (actually it is a white bowl but it has a blue circle pattern around the rim - some of the bowls have a green circle, but she INSISTS on a blue one) for her cereal which is usually Kix or Corn Flakes (when we have them - which is not always).

*Miriam likes to talk but it is more important for her to be understood!  It is not enough for me to respond generically with phrases such as "oh really?" or "you did?!?"  No, I must repeat back what she is talking about, such as "yes, the bird does have a blue belly!"  And if I cannot understand what she is saying it is NOT acceptable to repeat the word as I hear her say it.  She will tell me "NO!" and say it again.  She may not say it as it sounds, but she will not let me get away with such shenanigans.  Thankfully she is getting easier to understand, but for a while it was kinda stressful as she would get more and more worked up until she was finally understood.

*She loves cats and baby dolls.

*Miriam enjoys running in the house (which is technically not allowed, but I think all the kids run from the dishwasher to the front door at around age 2 or 3).

*She is ALWAYS ready for you to read her a book (or six, or the whole bookshelf).

*Her favorite book right now is Monster Munchies, which she got from her Nana.

*Miriam's favorite food is pizza, but lasagna and spaghetti come in close second and third.

Dear God, thank you for the sweet and joyful children of Paul and Miriam.  May you walk with them all their days and draw them ever closer to yourself.  - Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment