Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A first for Paul

Ok, first I have a confesson to make. I have not been keeping "traditional" baby books for the kids. For Rebekah, I recorded everything I could think of in the baby book we got for her until. . . at about a year and a half I looked back and realized I missed recording when she took her first steps. This is quite possibly THE MOST IMPORTANT milestone and I MISSED RECORDING IT!! So after that I stopped recording altogether. I have not recorded anything for Samuel or Jacob (although I could loosly tell you about when the got teeth, or started walking). In any case, I don't feel guilty for not keeping track. It is kinda fun to know, but it is not essential. They will still grow up and feel loved even if I can't tell them the day they first got a haircut. For their baby books, instead, I have a three-ring-binder that I have kept cards people sent when they were born or for baptisms or birthdays, the check-up evaluations they get from the doctors (to show their size and weight at that time), pictures they painted, drew, colored, etc, and other things of this nature. It is something that they can go back to and glean a few details of their childhood from (at least I hope) and I feel like it is the best I can do right now. In any case, with all that said, I have noticed Paul doing something today and it has just struck me that I want to share it. (Maybe I will start a "typical" baby book for him after all :)

Today, Paul grabbed his blankie on purpose. He had it sitting on him. He wiggled around and reached down for it (not all the gracefully mind you) and put it in his mouth. Then he dropped it, wiggled a bit more and repeated several times. Goodness, he is ready to start grabbing things! But he is still MY BABY!! Oh, they grow up so fast. In any case, some day when he looks back on this post (assuming it will save and be able to be converted to whatever format we have by the time he is old enough to appreciate it) he can see that at almost exactly 3 months (3.2 to be precise) he started purposefully grabbing things. Let the growing up begin!


No comments:

Post a Comment