Friday, August 27, 2010

Looky looky - it is done! :)

At the parent info night for school, Rebekah's teacher gave us homework. She gave us each an over-sized sheet of paper and told us to take it home and decorate it - most importantly it needed to have our child's name on it. Then, when we brought them back she would laminate them and they would be the kids' work mats for when the did projects. She said that we could do it in secret and bring them back covered in newspaper so it would be a surprise for the kids when they first got to use them. It is really a brilliant idea - even though, being a perfectionsit, I am rather intimidated by these type of projects. In any case, last night I stayed up a little later than usual and here is what I came up with. I'm sure I don't hold a candle to tried and true "scrapbookers" but I think it will work. It pleases me (although I did get a little carried away with the stickers at the end - it was late and I was getting a loopy-tired).

Description:

The top left has our family photo with my "most creative" frame (aka I cut jagged and crazy on purpose because I know I can't cut straight). I wrote "We love you - Mom & Dad" at the top here as the very last thing because as I looked over all that I had done I realized that is EXACTLY what I was trying to say by making this as beautiful as I could for her. So I figured I might as well come out and say it directly.

Next to this is a picture of Jacob. I did his name in publisher and then cut it out all creative (all on my own - I get more and more artsy as I get more and more tired).

The sticker says "God hears us when we pray" - something that should never be forgotten!

The heart girl at the top is Princess Ariel - one of Rebekah's favorites.

Then there is a picture of Rebekah sitting in Daddy's lap.

Paul is on the lower left corner, looking all adorable, hands in his mouth.

Then there is a heart picture of Pocahontas - another of the princesses.

I did her name on publisher, as well - word art - gotta love it.

The ballerina came off of an old card - I think it symbolizes how I look at her often - she really loves dance.

Then there is a picture of Samuel (the only one I could find - but it works).

And last but not least is a small cut-out of Cinderella - her FAVORITE princess.

Under Cinderella is a sticker that reads, "The Lord Bless and Keep you."

1 comment:

  1. Great work, mom!! This is fabulous. Such love, what a great keepsake.

    ReplyDelete