Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Whiney Wednesday


1) Flys - What are you still doing in my house? It is cold and you all should have died out by now. Why must you keep landing on my head, over and over and over?!?! Ok, so I used fruity shampoo this morning, couldn't you have figured out after the first 6 tries that MY HAIR IS NOT FRUIT SO MOVE ON!! Sheesh (oh and the baby is not fly food so quit bothering him - he is miserable enough - see next whine)

2) The baby - Captain Fussy Pants is what I have been referring to him as because he is just miserable. He does not want to be laid on his back or his side or his tummy. He does not want in his jumper or his bumbo seat. He does not want in his high chair or the stroller or the carseat. He does not have gas or want his legs run. The only thing that seems to calm him is carrying him around (no, not in a carrier or sling - he arches and wiggles) in my arms. Nursing helps a little, but even while nursing he fusses and pulls off and wants back on and arches his back and cries. His poor little lips are getting chapped and red (and I really don't know why - he has not been outside much lately). On top of him being miserable is me getting concerned that if he does not get some tummy time/floor time, he will never be able to sit up or roll over properly "on schedule" and then of course, he will walk way too late, and only after my doctor and everyone else has thoroughly chastised me for not taking the proper precautions to be sure my son developed at the "appropriate rate." - Stupid fly again - grrrr. . .

3) My foot hurts. The top of it hurts. It hurts enough to be annoying and interrupt my work-out but not enough to try and get a doctor's appointment. It has hurt for several weeks (ok maybe just three or so) and I am FRUSTRATED with it. You see, I NEED to work-out or I get a little crazy (well, a little MORE crazy I guess) and this silly foot is really getting in the way. I have tried rest, ice, and to diagnose my problem via the internet (which really was fruitless gesture - it could be a million different problems!!) In any case, it needs to get itself figured out because I'm tired of not being able to push myself in my work-out (or not working out at all more days than I like) and worst of all it is making me feel old.
This, too, shall pass. . . I hope. . .

If you want to join in the whining fun, click here for the rules.

3 comments:

  1. #1. omgoodness yes, and ants too. yuck.
    #2. Needy babies = weary mommies. He will crawl, he will walk. Both my babes crawled at 9 1/2 months, and Gemma didn't walk until 15 mos. It's no biggie!

    #3. have you ever thought of seeing a chiropractor?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I have not thought of seeing a chiropractor. It sounds expensive and my extended family does not think highly of them. Plus, if I really wanted to make the effort I would just go to a regular doctor. Too bad I don't go to a gym or something that would have a trainer or something. It is probably just tendonitis or something silly like that.

    Or maybe I am just old - eeek! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chiropractors aren't as expensive as you'd think. Often they are treated the same as a regular office visit through your insurance. Why doesn't your extended family think highly of them? I realize some can come off as quacks and give the profession a bad name for sure, but many do good work and get results MD's just can't achieve when it comes to fixing bodies from the inside out with essentially no external interventions (namely medication). You may be surprised!

    Nah, we'll never get old.

    (Will we?)

    ReplyDelete