Saturday, November 10, 2012

What is wrong with my husband. . .


Ok, I admit, that first line was a teaser.  I actually cannot think of ANYTHING wrong with my husband, at the moment.  Now wait.. . nope, still nothing.

He is currently out cleaning and re-organizing the garage.

And I am taking this time (as I nurse Miss Miriam) to be THANKFUL for my amazing husband.

(Side note: yep, this is me jumping on the bandwagon again - but it is good peer pressure from my good friends - Monica, Erin - that are definitely helping me grow in holiness even though we have not even met in person yet! - hah)


Gordie is so good for me.  He reminds me that life needs laughter.  Lately I have been sick off and on and he has put up with me oh-so-well!  And although it has definitely thrown a wrench in his plans more than once, he has pointed out that his main concern is for me to feel better - how is that for selfless?  He does so much for me - from fixing whatever is broken, to building whatever I need.  And I'm still amazed how he can like me even when I do not like me.  Plus the fact that he cannot seem to see my varicose veins or "extra padding" is simply amazing.  (yes, I am vain like that to care :)  It has been a lot of fun to "grow-up" with him over the past several years.  I suppose now we get to start "growing old" together and that sounds even better.

For the husband is the head of the wife just as Christ is the head of the church, the body of which he is the Savior.  (Ephesians 5:23)


It also just so happens, that Gordie is a spectacular father.  I really LOVE how he plays with the kids and wants to do special projects with them.  They ADORE him and it is so great.  He is always teaching them and encouraging them to grow and think and do things for themselves.

Train children in the right way, and when old, they will not stray.  (Proverbs 22:6)

We are all blessed to have him in our lives.

Ok, that is enough gushy-ness for one post.  Until next time. . .
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment