Sunday, February 3, 2013

Know Your Limits

I bet you are wondering what this "random" picture is all about.  Well, you are in luck, this picture here is the point of my post!!  But first, enjoy the picture. . .take it in. . . now, see below for me to explain it.
 
 

Today I did A LOT of things.  After my post on yesterday's craziness, I could not just leave you hanging wondering if my house ended up getting cleaned this weekend, could I?

Ok, in all honesty, it did not get ALL cleaned, but man I got a good chunk done!  And yes, I will be honest.  I did not clean (this time) for someone else to come visit.  And even when I do clean for "someone else" to come visit, I honestly know I am not cleaning for THEM, but for me and what I want my house to look like for them.  Does that make sense?  I feel better when my house is clean.  The people visiting often would not care one way or another, I do it for me - there ya go, honesty at its best.  But enough of this tangent, back to my point.  I cleaned today FOR ME!!  And then, I one-upped it, I took pictures!!  AND posted them here for all to see!!  But not just for you to pat me on the back and say how awesome I am.  I actually had a "mini-revelation" that I thought I would share.  And since I was on here anyhow, I figured a few of those "clean house pictures" would help make my point. . .   Err, maybe I did just want to show off that it is actually clean because by 7:30am tomorrow morning when the little ones come upstairs, it will promptly be "not clean" anymore.

No, the baby does not actually stay on this little rug, but it makes me happy to give her a "space" to keep throwing her toys back in.  Yes I am OCD like that.

This is "The Study."  It is also where I envision us doing "school work" but my kids seem to float wherever they please and in the midst of the chaos, I tend to let them!  It also houses A LOT of other things (if you may notice) as we do not have a storage room in this house.



Ahh, once again it is time to get back to my initial picture and my point. . .   I have often had a "collection point" for little odds and ends such as game pieces that got left out when the game was put away, or pieces of this or that set of blocks or gears, or even puzzle pieces!  And I have often felt guilty over such a point and tried tirelessly to be consistently emptying it and getting things back where they belong.  Well, no more I say!  Today I realized that putting such "pieces" in a box is ENOUGH!!  And when we play said game or have such a set out, or need a piece for a puzzle, this is where we can look!

So brilliant, right?  Yeah, I really did not need this mega-long post and lots of pictures to tell you this, but. . . yeah, I'm a sucker for drama.  So enjoy. 





1 comment:

  1. That. Is a really cool idea.

    Your rambly Saturday made me smile.

    ReplyDelete