Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Small Successes



1) I have become a regular at weekly adoration. I can't always make at exactly the same time as the baby is not quite consistent on his bedtime, but I have made it a priority and so far so good. It has also been so helpful to have a supportive husband that understands how important this is to me and to us.


2) I have recently been complimented on how well my kids listen and I credit this to reading lots of books to them. My 5-year-old scored in the top 10% for listening at school and my 2-year-old will sit and listen to a fairly lengthy book (not typical 2-year-old behavior) with great interest. Plus I just enjoy the heck out of sitting on the couch, snuggling with all the kiddos as they are enraptured with my every word. I think our favorites are Dr Seuss books. I love rhyme.


3) I have started realizing that some of my motivation for doing some things is jealousy. Now I am aware of it and have gotten over it so that dark cloud no longer lingers over my day or gets in the way of true friendship.


To participate in Small Successes, click here for details.

1 comment: