Thursday, June 30, 2011

Small Successes

1. Way back in May my daughter convinced me we needed to have a flower garden. I have never really tried to grow anything before. Occasionally my mom would bring us flowers and they would die because we forgot to water them. Well, I decided to try - even though I really know very little about this kind of stuff - and I can honestly say I really did not expect to actually grow anything other than weeds or grass, but here is our first flower blooming that started as just an ity-bitty little seed. (Don't worry, I watered them right after this picture.)

2. I finally found a piano teacher (after planning to for about a year now) and had my first "adult" lesson (as technically I had a year of lessons in 3rd grade). I forgot how much I LOVE playing the piano!!


3. I had some major paperwork things looming over my head and I actually managed to get them all done (one was almost a month late, but hey, it is done now at least).

Feel free to chime in with your successes. For details, check here.

1 comment:

  1. YAY for piano lessons. I took from kindergarten all the way through college, and have had a (small now, but at times rather large) handful of students of my own ever since high school.

    ReplyDelete