Saturday, May 5, 2012

Pregnancy update #2 for Baby #5 and some rambling

I am a big fan of pictures.  I like to take pictures.  I like to look at pictures.  I like pictures!!  I think I have "bloggers' block" because I just cannot seem to imagine blogging without pictures!!  But for many reasons I am not able to have pictures at this time, such as:

1) I have no current prego pictures of me and do not feel like trying to take any at the moment.
2) Although I am aware of the location of the camera and the camera cord, I have no desire to get up and gather them and make it back to the computer.  (By that time I would loose interest in blogging. Trust me, this happens ALL THE TIME.)  So all those "cute" pictures I have taken recently of who or whatever are still not accessible at this time.
3) Even if I did manage to get all those amazing pictures off the camera, onto the computer, I would surely get distracted by organizing them, ordering prints for them, and/or I would find pictures from that last event I MEANT to blog about and get myself back in a I'm-so-far-behind-I-might-as-well-not-blog-anymore-funk.

So, to summarize, I have no pictures to go with this post.  Now, on to the actual post.

I am 39 weeks pregnant today.  After some discussion with my doctor at my last visit, I am trying to prepare myself for going AT LEAST a week over and then of course, to being induced again (ugh).  Don't get me wrong, I am optimistic (or was - as I was having quite a few contractions - off and on - for several hours at a time - and I was just SURE things were happening, but then I got checked to discover. . . .nothing is happening) and would really LIKE to have this baby soon and go into labor on my own, but for whatever reason my body just does not seem to get things figured out and my babies tend to be HUGE so I can't wait for my body to "get things figured out."

In any case, that is where we are at now.  I have whined to anyone and everyone who would listen.  I am pretty miserable.  Mostly it is the varicose veins that have been doing me in as all my support hose are all getting runs (not to mention they are hot!) and even with the hose, my body does not like being vertical (or even sitting) for very long.  I have been "couch camping" as much as possible lately.  For some reason being physically troubled makes me mentally off my game as well.

After a few "attempted resting" days I am feeling "a little" better and that is certainly helping my sanity lately.  But I certainly miss exercising and doing more than just "surviving" each day.

The one perk to all this sitting is that I've had more time to sit around and "goof off" (aka do things just for pleasure) but I am out of practice on taking time to myself.  Plus, often my house and children "taunt me" as I just want to get up and cook and clean and play with them, but I just CAN'T so not only do I feel bad, but I feel bad that I can't do what I want.  So not cool.  But the end is near and I am trying to stay focused, as maybe the baby really does just need a little more time to"mature."  Plus, in the grand span, what is two or three more weeks?  Oh and I still have that "to do" list that needs to be FINISHED, of course, before the babe comes.  Some of it has been done, but I keep adding to it.

Here is the current version:

1) Homeschool prep
*I've really made great strides in this department, but I need to finish up a few more things.

2) Picture organize
*Yes, I want to get all my pictures, from the three different "digital storage devices" I have them on and put them all together in an organized fashion.  Then I want to order the prints from the most recent ones - then label the prints and put them in albums - hah, I laugh even as I type this.)

3) Knit baby hat
*I know, it is May, the baby does not need a hat, but it is a small project and I am still a "beginner knitter" and I just want to FINISH AN ENTIRE PROJECT already - as I have several started (including 2 slippers that don't match - one for my pair and one for my daughter's pair) but other than a small scarf and a few "pretty cloths," nothing really completed.

So these three, keeping the house clean, the laundry done, and the meals coming . . . that is the plan for the next few weeks.  Sounds like the plan for the past few years and probably the next few years, doesn't it?  But because of the nature of this time I am more acutely aware of all that is going on right now - living each moment more fully somehow.

Well, it is time for dinner.  I will stop with the ramblings now.  And I think I will just post this without thinking about it too much (as saving it will cause me to delay and then it will be obsolete).

So there it is.  Hopefully my next post will be pictures of our new little lady.

Blessings all!

6 comments:

  1. i prayed for you tonight during our family prayers. this home stretch can be so hard. (although what part of motherhood isn't?!)

    at least couch time is probably a good time to work on the homeschooling prep stuff, right? unless those cuties of yours try to help? i'm curious to hear why you guys have chosen that route, if you're interested in sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, bless you, Mary - I am MOST GRATEFUL for the prayers!!! Surprisingly I cannot get much done while "couching it" as to be most comfortable I have to actually lay down and that makes it difficult to type and even read really well (the whole side-ways thing you know). Anyhow, in answer to your curiosity I actually typed some of my "reasoning" up for another friend's blog, so I can copy it here. It is by no means exhaustive, but here are some of my "reasons."

    1) I have been praying about it and it "feels like I'm being led this way" - sound silly, but there you have that.

    2) I like my kids a lot and I feel like I am MISSING a large part of their day when they are at school. There just is not time to do all the things with them that I think are important (like prayer and learning basic life chores - like cooking, cleaning, sewing, etc).

    3) Some of the teachers at our local school do not have the best attitude and the thought of my children having to deal with them every day. . . well, why put more strain on them than necessary? I know, they will have to deal with people they don't agree with or even like - probably on a daily basis, but they are still young and so impressionable.

    4) I have a degree in Religious Education - I am theoretically considered a "highly trained" professional in this field. Unfortunately, I do not want to work outside the home while my children are young, so why not "work" inside the home.

    5) Our book fees just went up again :( Honestly $300 per kid? Next year I would have two kids in school and the year after 3. $900 for book fees - really is that necessary? Are they getting brand new books every year or something? I imagine I can spend half that on my own supplies we get to keep or re-use.

    6) We have a local homeschooling network and I know several friends who also homeschool so I already have a foot in the door for daily socialization and recreation with other kids. Plus there are a lot of classes offered at our local recreation center and opportunities for activities like dance class, gymnastics, swim team, etc.

    7) It just sounds like a great adventure for myself and my kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. may God bless you on your homeschooling adventure. your kiddos are blessed to have such a devoted, hard working momma!

      Delete
    2. may God bless you on your homeschooling adventure. your kiddos are blessed to have such a hardworking, devoted momma!

      Delete
  3. Oh, yes, the "final stretch" is so hard. Many prayers for a cooperative baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked this post.
    The home stretch can seem like an eternity!!
    Good luck with the to-do's, they are never ending.
    Wish you were closer, I'd bring a meal.

    ReplyDelete