Thursday, May 10, 2012

Small Successes

It has been a whiney day for me (or perhaps a whiney last couple of weeks!)  Then, I stumbled upon my friend, Monica's post about small successes and realized that focusing on the positive might help some.  So, here ya go. . .

1)  I believe I have "calmed down" significantly lately, as the past couple weeks I was getting "overly agitated" with mild pregnancy annoyances and such.  I am much calmer and at peace with things now.

2) I am proud of myself for listening to my body and adapting my schedule and priorities to suite (aka lots less physical activity and more times for rest).  This may sound silly, but for someone "addicted" to getting my daily exercise, it has been a challenge.  I especially feel guilty taking the car to pick up the boys from school on such nice days (when it is about 5 blocks to walk), but it is what it is.  That walk now is long and hot and I often feel miserable afterward - not up to cooking lunch or "tidying up" so I take the car and am able to do the rest of my afternoon chores.

3) I have made SIGNIFICANT strides in my homeschool preparation (as if I really know what to prepare for :)  And the end is definitely in sight.  In fact, I could easily start with the planning and prep work I have done so far (as I'm sure I will change my mind about some things anyhow, so doing too much now is silly anyhow - as it could end up being a waste of my time).  We are set to start in June with a "light schedule" - just to get the kids introduced to the concept of what I have in mind.  I think it will nicely compliment the summer activities we are signed up for (Tumbling class, Kids Yoga, swimming) by giving the kids something to "think about" and a chance to "rest" each day with our "book work" and activities.

4) I'm not sure if this is a success, but I am IN LOVE with these new knitting needles I got.  Seriously, they make me want to knit like crazy!!  Unfortunately, this silly baby hat is a challenge and a half as I have never knit in the round before, but just picking up the needles and messing with the soft yarn makes me happy - even if I never finish it and/or it ends up looking frightful (most likely :)

5) I have been really trying to begin my day with a short early morning prayer time (not easy when just getting the kids up in time for school is a challenge) and I like to think it is helping me focus more - and it does a good job of whetting my appetite for more prayer throughout the day.

6) I have done a pretty good job of keeping up with the mail lately.  I think it might be a little nesting instinct helping, but I'll take what I can get if it keeps the clutter away!

To join in the small success fun, check out Catholic Mom.






1 comment:

  1. Great week. And a WOOT for morning prayer time. I know that always helps me. I have been worse this pregnancy than ever about dragging myself out of bed though in the mornings (and that's coming from someone who is a morning person!!), but have had some improvement recently.

    Love to you friend!!!

    ReplyDelete