Thursday, May 17, 2012

Welcome Miriam Dolores!

Miriam Dolores finally decided to show up (not without some "medical suggestion" I must add) on May 17, 2012 at 4:10pm.  She crawled out at 8lbs 8oz and 20.5inches long.  Not tiny by any means, but at least not HUGE.  I don't really have too much to say about her labor.  I was quite disappointed to have to be induced again.  It took a considerable amount of time to get the pitocin to make any decent contractions (about 5 hours of "waiting").  Fortunately, I had just started these slippers for my oldest daughter, Rebekah.  And when I say "just" I mean I really had cast on the beginning stitches the night before.  Look how far I got!  I was beginning to wonder if I would be able to finish them before the baby was born!

Although I was proud of myself for handling most of the contractions well, I did get a little crazy at the end.  I think I might have scared my doctor, the nurses, my husband, and possibly anyone within earshot, but it worked for me as I had hit the "fight or flight" point of pain and since I could not run I took to some "Jane of the jungle" screaming which quite effectively cut off any advice, tips, requests etc from my nurses, doctor or anyone else. But it made the pain survivable, so even though the bed did not quite get broken down before the baby started coming, in the midst of pushing they did at least get me where I needed to be (although I didn ot make it easy on them!) to allow Miriam to make a smooth exit.  I had my eyes closed and attention on feeling this baby "pop out" so I missed most of the "chaos" I caused.  But I suppose every doctor needs one like me to keep them on their toes :)
Here she is sporting the hat I knit for her.  It is a touch large at this time, but I could not resist a photo-op with it :)




 Nana (my mom) and my oldest daughter, Rebekah were our first visitors.  Miriam seemed to approve of them.  The rest of the family will most likely meet her tomorrow.



3 comments:

  1. Congrats, congrats, congrats! :D I'm so excited for you guys! Rebekah looks thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!!! Beautiful name for a beautiful girl!

    I can't imagine how excited Rebekah is :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So wonderful, very happy for you!! Beautiful name, beautiful baby, beautiful family. And you look GREAT! Blessings to your family of seven!!

    ReplyDelete