Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Rebekah put Jesus on the Cross

So, I put up this paper cross on the wall in preparation for Lent. I figured that every time we did a good deed or sacrifice, etc, we would take a paper heart (which I have yet to cut), write the deed or what-not on it and glue it on the cross. Sounds, great, yes? Well, I put up the cross yesterday morning after Rebekah went to school, so we had not had a chance to talk about it yet. When she got home, we had company and we were celebrating Nana's birthday and everything was a little crazy, so I figured I would wait and tell her about it on Tuesday. But she apparently did not want to wait that long. My first words upon glancing up to see her attacking the wall, marker in hand:

"Rebekah, WHAT ARE YOU DOING!! YOU DON'T JUST DRAW ON STUFF WITHOUT ASKING. . . oh, you are putting Jesus on the cross. . . oh. . . well, ok, you can finish, but next time, ask ok?"

Oh the innocence of youth! On a humorous side note, I'm not sure if you can tell in this picture (the lighting was bad and the angle was not so great either, but I was parked with the baby when I took it so I did not have a lot of options) -Jesus has a smile on his face. But then again, maybe it is not so humorous, Jesus is happy to do anything for us - He loves us that much! It is not recorded that He died with a smile on his face (and judging from what He endured a smile would not be likely for a typical human) but maybe it is not so much of a stretch. He beat the devil - He won, for us - it is definitely something to smile about. Thank you, dear Rebekah, for reminding this mamma of that!

2 comments:

  1. This is so great!! It is humbling and wonderful when are children are able to teach us lessons, isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent!!!!!

    Do you want to be a serroguate parent when Erik and I have kids? We don't want to screw 'em up and you seem to have the religion teaching in the home down.

    ReplyDelete