Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Nerdy Chores and Family Rules Post

I recently made some updated charts for our family and will share them with you now.

Here is our current Chore Chart.  (My motto is keep it simple.  These are the chores they can handle and understand on their own.  I still ask them to do other things and be generally "helpful" in addition to these.)

Here is our House Rules list (Side note: You have to register your "school" with the state to homeschool.  You can pick any name you want.  I picked The Green Turtle Dojo as the name of our "school"/home.  My oldest likes to call me Sensei Mamma :)

Here is my most recent inspiration to try and help us have more pleasant mealtimes: A Table Manners Chart(I called it "Ninja Training" to go along with the whole "dojo" theme.  It makes it a little more fun.)

3 comments:

  1. I *heart* this post, thank you sooo much for sharing. It's so...realistic. Just great!

    I have been mulling chores over lately, Gemma's "formal" chores consist of her morning ones... making bed (she still requests help and I often acquiesce even though she can do it herself), dressing, putting her jammies away, etc. And that works well. Recently, she has been verrrrry enthusiastic about helping around the house...dishes, laundry, dusting, etc. she really gets a kick out of it, especially when she can "surprise" me. I hate to make anything too formal and squelch her enthusiasm, so for now I am just thrilled she willingly helps out around the house and I hope that attitude continues for a long time. :) I just think it's good for kids to realize that it takes everyone pitching in to make a household run smoothly. Everyone in the family has an important and different role to play, on matter the age.

    It's always a process, that's for sure. At any rate, I really like your ideas. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and sensei mama...that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally had you in mind when I posted this, Monica. I thought you would enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete