Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Thankfulness Thursday

I have participated in Whiney Wednesdays and Small Successes Thursdays, but I feel inspired to create my own weekly reflection.  I'm calling it Thankfulness Thursdays.  It is just me and what I feel called to do at this time.  Whining can be a great release, but listing things - specific things - that I am thankful for really helps me "realign" myself.  The material will probably end up looking a lot like my Small Successes lists and reading between the lines will probably look like my Whiney Wednesday list, but when combined it creates the ups and the downs with the important part underscored - a heart of gratitude.  So without further ado. . 

This week I am especially thankful for:

1) The gift of a second daughter, Miriam.  Even when she fusses and cries and is not "the perfect baby" (and wakes me many times at night, making me weary), I am so grateful for her presence in our family.

2) How hard my husband (and children's father) works to support us financially.  His new position is quite stressful right now, but I am so thankful for his effort!

3) My group of friends that pray with me (and for me) and share my joys and struggles.  (I'm still looking for that checkbook, btw, but I'm sure God has HIS eye on it (and is laughing at me in the mean time) so I'm not worried.)

4) My first daughter who is so sweet and innocent and helpful in caring for her sister.  My life would be MUCH MORE STRESSFUL without her in it to help in caring for our family.

"O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, for His steadfast love endures for ever." - Psalm 107:1


No comments:

Post a Comment