Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thankfulness Thursday

. . . with a heart of gratitude

This week I am especially thankful for:

1)  A house that we own.  Our air conditioner might not work so well.  Our kitchen outlets may all be on the same breaker.  The doorways may be narrow and the rooms small.  But it is our house - a place for us to live and grow and stay safe from harm.

2)  A challenging two-year-old.  Yes, I am actually thankful for Paul - and Paul in his current state of "testing the limits."  Earlier this week I did not think I would be able to be thankful for him.  I was contemplating "whining" about him and his recent behavior, but I'm really trying to take it all to God and I can see a great opportunity for growth here.  His cries for attention and his destructive outbursts are causing me to grow and stretch in ways I would not have otherwise.  And for this, I am thankful.

3) A van that fits all of my children and has a working air conditioner.  (We have gone a couple summers with no cars that had working air conditioners.  There is no feigned gratitude here!)  It feels good to be able to transport my children to and from activities in comfort and safety.


"O give thanks to the Lord, for He is good, for His steadfast love endures for ever." - Psalm 107:1

No comments:

Post a Comment